Dear Candidates must know the Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 before applying JEE Main. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), the exam conducting body for JEE Main, sets the eligibility criteria for the national level undergraduate engineering entrance exam for admissions to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. Applicants need to verify their eligibility by going through the information related to Eligibility Criteria For Appearing In JEE Main 2017 Entrance Exam furnished below.
JEE (Main) Secretariat, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to organize 5th Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2017. The JEE Main 2017 Application Form will be only acceptable up to 2nd January 2017, so candidates should apply before it. The candidates must fill Aadhar Card numbers, which is the new eligibility criteria For JEE Main 2017. This article will help applicants to know about the eligibility criteria of JEE Main such as educational qualification, age limit, number of attempts, etc.
Details For Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 | Am I Eligible for JEE Mains 2017 Entrance Exam ? :
Name of Exam : JEE Main 2017
Full Form of JEE Main : Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main
Exam Conducting Body : Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
Exam Level : All India
Exam Mode : Offline/Online for Paper-1 & Offline for Paper-2
Total Number of Seats in JEE Main 2017 : 30,000
Last Date for fill application form : 2nd January 2017
Date of JEE Main 2017 Exam Offline Paper : 2nd April 2017
Exam Date of JEE Main 2017 Online Paper : 08th & 9th April 2017
Am I Eligible for JEE Mains 2017 Entrance Exam ? | Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 :
Year of clearing the qualifying exam | Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 : Candidates who have passed class 12 in 2015-2016 or are attempting the exam in 2017, are eligible for JEE Main Admission Form. Candidates who have passed class 12 in 2014 (or before) or are attempting the exam in 2018, are NOT eligible for JEE Main Entrance Exam. Candidates who have passed class 12 in 2014 and did not qualify that year, but qualified in 2015, are NOT eligible for JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for Admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs : IIT Council has added some new changes in eligibility criteria for admission to IITs, NITs and other prestigious institutions. To be eligible for admission to afore said institutions, students are required to qualify the class 12th examination with minimum 75% marks. For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying marks will be 65%, or to be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards. Those JEE Main rankers who have scored the qualifying marks will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2017.
Eligibility criteria related to Date of Birth | Age Limit : Candidate’s of JEE Main 2017 should have been born on or after October 1, 1992 (or 25 years of age) can apply. For candidate belonging to SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) categories, the age limit is relaxed by 5 years. Candidates of these categories should have been born on or after October 1, 1987 (or 30 years or age).
Eligibility criteria related to total subjects/subject combination | Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 :
It is mandatory for aspiring candidates to have taken 5 subjects in 12thor qualifying exam. The 5 subjects for B.Tech/B.E. are 1-Language, 2-Physics, 3-Mathematics, 4-Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5-Any other subject. According to MHRD, apart from admissions to IITs, the qualifying marks for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs have also been revised. As per the notification, for candidates to qualify for admissions to NITs/IIITs/GFTIs, they should have secured at least 75% marks in class 12th exam or be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12th exam conducted by the respective boards. For SC/ST candidates, the eligibility criteria is 65% marks in class 12th. For B.Arch/B.Planning, mathematics subject along with 50% marks in total including five subjects.
No. of Attempts and Age limit for the states of Madhya Pradesh and Odisha | Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 : Since the states of Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system from 2014. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will however be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs
Aadhar Card is mandatory to apply For JEE Main 2017 | Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 :
- Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for JEE Main 2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment facilitation centres set up in JEE Main exam cities.
- Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres – In order to facilitate such applicants who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centres in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment. The applicants can approach such facilitation centres who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment. These applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for JEE Main 2017.
- Aadhaar Enrolment Registration Number – In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the applicants should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such applicants. This registration number should be entered by the applicants at the time of filling online application form for JEE(Main) 2017.
- Provision for J&K, Meghalaya and Assam applicants – The applicants who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
- According to CBSE officials, all Indian candidates should possess Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI. The new eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2017 introduced by the exam authority means that applicants will not be able to submit online applications without filling their Aadhar numbers. In case, the applicants do not hold Aadhar numbers then they will be required to get it first, to apply for JEE Main 2017.
- At the time of filling application form of JEE Main 2017, the candidates will have to enter their Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data.
- Candidates should have Aadhar Card issued by UIDAI, which must enlist the details like candidates’ name, date of birth & gender and Aadhaar number, in order to fill the JEE Main 2017 application form.
- The applicants must ensure that the details provided in the Aadhaar card need to match with that of their school records.
- In case, the candidates’ details in both, the school records and Aadhaar card do not match, then the candidates will have to get it rectified in either of them.
- Applicants entitled for Aadhaar Card under “Section 3” of Aadhaar Act are required to register for their Aadhaar card. For this, they may visit to Aadhaar Enrollment Centre located in the nearby area.
Important Link For Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017 :
Download JEE Main 2017 Entrance Exam Syllabus pdf
More Details For JEE Entrance Exam Application Form
Apply Now Step by Step JEE Main Form Filling Guide
Engineering Entrance Examination Calendar 2017- 18
Eligibility Criteria For JEE Main 2017, The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the conducting body for JEE Main 2017. Every year new rules and regulations are updated and revised. Here are some more useful information related to JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria.